[78-L] Google Chrome..totally off topic, but HELP! ^

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 5 12:04:29 PDT 2012

On 7/5/2012 2:10 PM, Stewart, Joseph R wrote:
> Anyone who uses Firefox and can't play YouTube videos (or indeed
> anything that uses Adobe Flash), Mike Biel has discussed the exact
> reason, and I think it bears copying here: "Something in the current
> edition of Mozilla Firefox which automatically updated itself last
> week will not allow the running of Flash. Reloading Flash will not
> help.  Nor will reloading an earlier edition of Firefox because the
> new Firefox will load itself the next time you restart. That is why
> your restore point fix worked only for a while.  If you go to the
> Firefox homepage you will see that EVERYBODY is complaining but
> nothing is fixing the problem.  I have to open Internet Explorer in
> order to see Youtube and some other videos and hear some audio. It
> also is the only way I can upload photo albums to Facebook."
>
> Megadittos... I've always been a Firefox fan, and I don't like having
> to use IE... but it I want to run ANYTHING with Flash content, that's
> my only option right now.  And as Dr.Mike says, nobody seems able
> (willing?) to fix the problem, either on Mozilla's behalf or Adobe.
>
> Randy Stewart

I'm running Firefox 13.0.1, I believe the latest release, and play
Youtube material with no problems at all, PC, Windows 7 Home, Windows
updates current, Flash 11.3.300.262. Don't know if this helps anybody
else. I try to keep the various software pieces up to date, so maybe
that has something to do with it.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine