[78-L] question about a record..

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Fri Jun 29 19:15:37 PDT 2012

On 6/29/2012 11:40 AM, Julian Vein wrote:
> On 29/06/12 17:34, leonard schwartz wrote:
>> hi can you tell me thhe personal for the following 78..art hickman.. "come back to georgia"..the number is a2938..thanks
>>

>> ________________________________
>>
> According to ADBORAF it is:
>
> Walter Rosner (t), Fred Kaufman (tb), Bert Ralton, Clyde Doerr (as),
> Steve Douglas (vn), Frank Ellis (p), Ben Black and sometimes victor King
> (r.n. Victor Joseph Mesplou) (bj), Bela Spillier (bb), Art hickman (d,
> ldr and sometimes 2nd p), recorded September 24, 1919.

I recognize the name Walt Roesner. He was primarily a west coast guy.
Returned briefly to New York in 1929 to conduct the Capital Theater
Orchestra. Jimmy Dorsey, Arthur Schutt, Rube Bloom, Miff Mole, Leo
McConville, Bruce Yantis, Vic Berton, Nat Brusiloff, Jimmy Lytell were
in the band at the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLmfx_d4m8

bio
http://www.sfmuseum.org/bio/roesner.html