[78-L] Pearl CD bronzing on "Music From The New York

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 28 15:28:01 PDT 2012

Interesting that your bronzed discs were part of the Music from the New York
Stage set.  The same thing happened to some of the discs in Volume 4 of that
set to me.  Interestingly, Vols. 1 - 3 haven't so far exhibited this
problem, but I bought them several years after I bought Volume 4.  It's
highly annoying because those sets were very expensive even when new, and
now can be hard to find, with Volume 4 apparently being the rarest.

As far as remedies go, sometimes ripping  in Windows Media Player (at full
44.1 .wav resolution) will get a good copy where other methods have failed.
That being said, my discs were ultimately not recoverable, and a kind 78-L
listmember sent me CDR copies of Volume 4.

Let us know if you're able to get a decent copy made!

Sammy Jones