[78-L] Cleaning bare aluminum discs?

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 27 01:13:20 PDT 2012

Glenn,

Yes, please make transfers of the 1934 Jack Benny shows.  I'm interested in
the details of the discs.  What size and speed are they?  What kind of
labels are on them?  Can you tell if they are airchecks or linechecks, and
if airchecks, then what station were they recorded from?

I've got several dozen Jack Benny lacquer transcriptions from the late '40s
and early '50s.  Great shows and they sound great, too, but 1934 Benny shows
are a real find even if their condition is a little rough!

Sammy