[78-L] BBC Radio Goon Shows

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jun 24 09:44:54 PDT 2012

My experience with the CURRENT series of BBC restorations vs. the old
EMI versions BUTCHERED by George Martin are just as Alan Bunting
reports.  The BBC has worked with compiling and combining everything it
has of the episodes from the versions held by the Home Service and the
Transcription Service.  Some of the older BBC issues on LP and single
CDs did not benefit from this combining, and therefore might be missing
something that one of the services might have edited out. Beyond the
music, I understand that there were some domestic issues and/or
international comments that might have been edited from the dialog by
the Transcription Service that they thought was not appropriate for an
international audience, but these have been restored to the programs in
THIS release if the Home Service versions still existed.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com