[78-L] Amazon postage rates

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jun 23 19:17:56 PDT 2012

Over on our side of the pond, Amazon.com postage for CDs/DVDs is $2.98
for a single disc OR a BOXED SET of 50 discs!! (But not 50 separate
discs).   A book is $3.98. Like your situation it doesn't matter if the
dealer is in the U.S., UK, Canada, Hong Kong, or anywhere else.
Ordering from Amazon itself is free postage for orders over $25.  But if
we order from Amazon.co.uk our postage is much higher even from the same
dealers, even those in the U.S., there is a per delivery rate of 2.09
pounds plus 0.99 per item.  For books it is 3.99 per delivery plus 2.99
per book.  What is ANNOYING is that the BBC Goon Show CDs are considered
a BOOK, therefore even though some of them are priced real cheap, the
postage is 6.98 pounds, which is over $10 U.S. So both of us have to
hope that the thing we see on the other's Amazon can also be found on
our own.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com