[78-L] Gina Bachauer

Francesco Martinelli francesco.martinelli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 22:13:06 PDT 2012

I am not a classical recordings expert but I found on a marker a record
in a plain sleeve with attached labels sugesting to "buy a copy for a
friend" by the News Sound Production in London. On one side there's a
small recital by Gordon Watson, on the other Bachauer playing
Bach/Busoni toccata. The date is 1960, it's vynil and the labels are typed..
I assume these are copies of existing recordings made for a sort of
private distribution, does anyone know about the label/service? Searches
on the net gave little results apart from Watson's claim to popular fame
(Peeping Tom) and Bachauer's foundation.
Thanks
  -----
Francesco Martinelli
Lungarno Mediceo 10