[78-L] Rozsa dates

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 28 15:13:52 PDT 2012

You're correct about the L and P designations..they're listed that way in
Schwann in 1954. Prefixes aside, why would 453, 454 and 456 not have been
issued at the same time? Capitol did this with many albums (usually classical)
that could be two ten-inch singles and a double twelve-incher. There were also
a number of reissues once the ten-inch format was dead, but this is not a
reissue. By the way, what's on 452? There's a hole there in Randy Stewart et
al's Capitol discography.

I still question whether the Spellbound Concerto was recorded this late. The
sound in no way matches the Quo Vadis Suite and sounds like an old tape
horribly over-equalized. The Red House has better sound and that's taken from
16" lacquers recorded in Hollywood in 1947!

dl