[78-L] Dragnet Xmas Album (Was: Re: Rochester)

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 19:50:25 PDT 2012

 From: Randy Watts <rew1014 at yahoo.com>

> George Burns and Gracie Allen similarly did a color episode on CBS
> that was later syndicated in black and white.

Do you know when this was done?  When customers balked at buying
CBS's spinning-filter-wheel color TVs, CBS used the outbreak of
the Korean War to ask the government to declare color TV a war
materiel product so they could exit the market and save face.
As far as I know, the next time CBS produced one-off episodes of
its programs in color was (I believe) 1965 (or 64?), the year
before they started broadcasting series in color.  They produced
such a color episode of Perry Mason, but it was that series' last
year, so Perry never made the switch to color.