[78-L] Gerald Fabris and just about everyone else is out of the office^/Now...You Can't Take It Witj You

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Sat May 19 13:16:14 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Bardenwerper" <citrogsa at charter.net>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Gerald Fabris and just about everyone else is out of the
office^/Now...You Can't Take It Witj You

> On 5/18/2012 11:38 AM, simmonssomer wrote:
>> You can't Take It With You.
>>
>> To this date I have 35,200 78 rpm Jazz and Dance Band sides on some 1400
>> plus CD's.
>> It's a race against time. I'm 82 years old and I only have three hundred
>> fifty two 10 inch reels, each with one hundred twenty 78 rpm Jazz and
>> Band
>> sides recorded on it left to go.
>> At perhaps one six hour reel tranferred to CD (already an obsolete
>> medium)
>> per day, plus another two days for the paper work it should take from
>> three
>> to four years, chained to my desk, to get it all done.
>> Ain't gonna do it. Into the dumpster unless somebody wants 'em.
>>
>> Al Simmons
>>
> Hello Al,
> If perhaps no one else has offered, I have most of what it would take to
> help you with this. Divide and conquer. Send some to me and let me have
> a hand at doing some of them. Perhaps we can work out a way of whittling
> this job down to a manageable size.
>
> Show me how you are doing it and maybe I can help.
>
> Take Care,
>
> --
> Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
>
> Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.
>
> Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com

Mark, I have a Teac X-2000 Tape deck.(and a Tandberg) I have a couple of
Sony twin drawer CD recorders.
I run everything through my Pioneer stereo Receiver and a graphic equalizer.
Very simple.

The quality of the sound of the  78's on the tape runs from excellent  to
pretty lousy for some air checks.>
I have hard copy contents of each tape of song titles , artists and date of
recording. Very few matrix and
catalogue no's.

What do you think? I could send you mebbe two reels and the paperwork for
them to see what you think.

Al