[78-L] Gerald Fabris and just about everyone else is out of the office^/Now...You Can't Take It Witj You

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sat May 19 07:29:54 PDT 2012

On 5/18/2012 11:38 AM, simmonssomer wrote:
> You can't Take It With You.
>
> To this date I have 35,200 78 rpm Jazz and Dance Band sides on some 1400
> plus CD's.
> It's a race against time. I'm 82 years old and I only have three hundred
> fifty two 10 inch reels, each with one hundred twenty 78 rpm Jazz and Band
> sides recorded on it left to go.
> At perhaps one six hour reel tranferred to CD (already an obsolete medium)
> per day, plus another two days for the paper work it should take from three
> to four years, chained to my desk, to get it all done.
> Ain't gonna do it. Into the dumpster unless somebody wants 'em.
>
> Al Simmons

Hello Al,
If perhaps no one else has offered, I have most of what it would take to
help you with this. Divide and conquer. Send some to me and let me have
a hand at doing some of them. Perhaps we can work out a way of whittling
this job down to a manageable size.

Show me how you are doing it and maybe I can help.

Take Care,

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.