[78-L] Los Bustardos and Walt Disney

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sun Apr 22 22:39:24 PDT 2012

I just brought home a group of over 3000 records and found a 'LOS BUSTARDOS' label 78 featuring Colonel Tom
and his Confederates in one of the first boxes I opened.
They play dixieland jazz and it sounds like it was recorded live in a club, complete with mic noise, crowd sounds
and a sound man who wasn't always paying attention.

There is a medley of 2 songs on each side of the record:
Side 1 - Honeysuckle Rose and It Had to Be You
Side 2 - Ja-Da and Blue Skies

It is numbered LB 1 A and LB 1 B

You can view the label here:

http://pdx78s.cdbpdx.com/LBWD/

Watch and listen to the record on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcqWpYFXkb8

Here's what I think I know - Los Bustardos was/is a men's club/group whose focus is horses.
Apparently, Walt Disney was a member of this group and made their logo.

Anybody able to fill in the gaps?  Who was Colonel Tom?  When and where was it recorded?
Anything..

Thanks!  CDB