[78-L] recording sessions on lacquers began . . . ?

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Sat Apr 21 22:28:14 PDT 2012

Most of the jazz recordings that appeared on Decca in 1947 were recorded for World by Milt Gabler in 1945-6 (Condon, Holiday, Roy Eldridge). Artists' contracts contained a stipulation that Decca could purchase them at scale for commercial release. George Buck has reissued a lot of alternates of this material on his Circle label.
 DJD
Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com