[78-L] Elgart's "Bandstand Boogie" [Was: Dick Clark gone]

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Thu Apr 19 12:07:47 PDT 2012

I just found a 78 DJ copy of this last week and posted to YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1WPkLnnZo

CDB

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 19:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Breneman <david_breneman at yahoo.com>
Subject: [78-L] Elgart's "Bandstand Boogie" [Was:  Dick Clark gone]
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

Does anyone here know when Les Elgart's recording of "Bandstand
Boogie" was released?? I assume that's the one that was always
used as the theme for "American Bandstand".? It's the one I
remember as a kid.? I've been trying forever to find it on a
78 with no luck.? I once thought I'd won a copy in an auction,
only to have it withdrawn and that part of my money refunded
before my winnings were shipped.? (Although this was an auction
that more than once I'd seen listing what must have been a 45
in their 78 section.)