[78-L] Light-Ray?

Steve Williams jazzhunter at collector.org
Wed Apr 18 13:47:19 PDT 2012

Just by the way, I've posted on YouTube a Sept 14, 1924 Compo electric test.
Compo started releasing electrically-recorded sides in December 1924, making
them the earliest label other than Marsh's Autograph to issue electric
records.  ..(And Compo pressed a few Autographs)...  Compo used Western
Electric mics and amps, and an undetermined lathe which was occasionally
referred to in the ledgers as "The Pathe Cutter."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyoKcpFcPA

Light-Ray was the GE-patented Pallaphotophone method of using modulated
light on a photocell for audio pickup, and multitrack optical film
recording.

Steve Williams  ..

Message: 2