[78-L] Picking up 78s next week

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 05:29:04 PDT 2012

What era are the 78's from ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill McClung" <bmcclung78 at gmail.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>, "Bill McClung" <bmcclung78 at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:21:52 AM
Subject: [78-L] Picking up 78s next week

Early next week I'm traveling to New Orleans to pick up the remnants of a
juke box distributorship. The guy I'm buying it from says there are 30,000
78s (and a few thousand 45s) but I'm thinking the number will be closer to
15-20,000. They are in a warehouse apparently undisturbed for many, many
years. We are going to have to move a lot of furniture and parts of Mardi
Gras floats to get to them. I looked through about a thousand from several
spots and found a mix of commons and brokens but also found enough
interesting 78s in good shape that I took the chance to buy them.

I'll send a follow-up post next week. What I find fascinating is the games
my mind is playing going through all the possible good things I'll "find."
When I look through 78s I always keep my expectations low and that has
served me well. We'll see what we will see.

And no, there isn't any flood damage. It's near the oldest part of the
city which was built on the highest ground. We'll see what we will see.