[78-L] Anyone hoarding Greek rebetiko / rempetiko 78's??

kyle cassidy netaxs pop cassidy at netaxs.com
Mon Apr 9 11:12:46 PDT 2012

Hello all trying to track down some Greek folk music for a friend who wants to DJ some events with his suitcase Electrola ....

A style called Rempetiko (also spelled rebetiko) popular in the 20's and 30's and recorded in the states. I've got a few examples but I'd be interested in any rebetiko (or possibly any greek music from the 20's-30's) if anybody's sitting on a stockpile, condition unimportant as long as they're playable.

GREEK REMPETIKO WITH GUITAR

Kostas Dousas

CO-56229F	1930
CO-56242F	1931