[78-L] Speaking of Canadian pressings for the US, was Re: Victor scrolls

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 6 11:32:54 PDT 2012

As the subject line says, speaking of Canadian pressings..I see many red label
Deccas which are easily identifiable as coming from the Compo plant in the
early 40s, but whose labels are all American. Some also have "Stamped in
Canada" in the dead wax (usually across a run-out groove, so say goodbye to
your needle point) but not always. Does anyone know if these are the result of
the US requiring better quality pressings or the smaller market up here not
making it worthwhile to print Canadian labels for things like "Panama Hattie"?

dl