[78-L] Parody of St Louis Blues

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Sat Mar 31 15:08:59 PDT 2012

Thanks Julian!

I have Rust's DBD, but not the huge discography you refer to.

One wonders what to do with a unique record like this?

I know there are other parody recordings (Charlie Barnet's
"This Is The Wrong Idea" comes to mind, and maybe Stan
Kenton's "Blues In Burlesque"), but nobody has issued a
whole a whole album of them, right?

Should I ask Dr Demento?

Doug

> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:52:49 +0100
> From: Julian Vein <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Parody of St Louis Blues
> To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> On 31/03/12 17:23, Doug Pomeroy wrote:
>> Interesting find:
>> 10" acetate of "Brunswick"
>> Master #TO 1306 (Parts 1&  2)
>> Glenn Gray
>> "Unissued'
>>
>> Quite funny.  Apparently recorded at the band's
>> request, for the group's members only (?)
>>

> ==========
> ADBORAF shows it as "TO-1305 and TO-1306 ARC rejected (test exists),
> New
> York June 2, 1933".
>
>      Julian Vein
Doug Pomeroy