[78-L] Harry Roy's Swedish recordings

GAVIN WHITELAW gavw at btopenworld.com
Thu Mar 22 03:02:34 PDT 2012

No, I agree it isn't Harry singing. It does sound like Bill Currie and I will ask at the meeting who they think it is.

I am very appreciative of Per's kindness in letting me have a copy of his disc. I have asked the Swedish Media centre if they can copy their other disc for me but have not had a reply and am not holding out much hope that they do!

I have already emailed Per off list to thank him lest the other members think I was ungrateful!!

I have got some really rare items including unissued takes from Harrys own test pressings lined up for the meeting to which one of these sides will be added (no point in letting the meeting have too many rare items in one go!)

The meeting is on April 28th in London near Covent Garden at the Club for Acts and Actors.

Gavin R Whitelaw

For vintage images from the 20th Century visit my website at

www.vintage-images.co.uk

Harry Roy, one of the great Dance Band leaders of the 1930s and 40s

www.harryroy.co.uk