[78-L] a new Berliner Gramophone Discography

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 16:24:07 PDT 2012

Mainspring Press will publish it and we hope it will be available during
the late spring or early summer.

It will contain a feature not included in the book published by Greenwood
Press in 1995:  a group of Berliner ads.  We've assembled a number of  them
but not all come attributed to their original source.   Given  that Berliner
advertised quite widely in literary and other magazines, one  would have to
inspect them all, page by page and over several years, to  locate where
they were printed.  It is unfeasible to do  so.

I am trying to compile a list of the publications in which his ads appear,
and to list as many as possible.  The titles alone will  suffice.  The list
won't be complete, but I'd like to identify as many  of the possible
sources as I can and publish this list as part of the front  matter of the book.

Can you help me?

Paul Charosh
write privately to _l78rpm at aol.com_ (mailto:l78rpm at aol.com)

The book will contain discographical material previously published but also
 several hundred additional catalogue numbers, takes, recording dates, and
recording locations not published previously.  It will also contain artist
and title indices.  The introduction has been entirely re-written.   This
is a new book, paperback, and affordable.