[78-L] Paul Whiteman recording gaps [was Travelin' Light]

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:49:38 PDT 2012

I used my words poorly. The Victor date was a one-shot. The dates for
Capitol were thanks to Johnny Mercer, who couldn't believe that his old
boss wasn't making records and looked to fix that. Whiteman would most
certainly have continued the association, but by 1944, he was heavily
involved with the ABC network (formally the blue network), where he was an
executive.

Jeff Sultanof