[78-L] Paul Whiteman recording gaps [was Travelin' Light]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 05:01:29 PDT 2012

On 20/03/12 06:54, Taylor Bowie wrote:
> Many thanks,  Randy...most appreciated.  Wonder who that alto sax is...quite
> a fine sound and I don't know the "sound" of any of these guys listed.
>
> Is Pingatore credited with doubling on guitar on any other records?
>
> Taylor

Browsing through ADBORAF I noticed that after his Decca contract ended,
after nearly a year, Whiteman did one session for Victor (February 7,
1942), then moved over to Capitol. I wonder if the Victor was a
"non-contractual" session? There was also a long recording gap between
his Victor session of March 28, 1937 and Decca September 9, 1938.

        Julian Vein