[78-L] fwd: Vince Giordano schedule March-April

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 18 19:26:13 PDT 2012

As always, spreading the word and the good music.

March - April 2012

GRAMMY AWARD WINNER
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks

We are proud to announce that our CD: BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Volume 1 – Music from
the HBO Original Series
Won a GRAMMY for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!
See below to purchase your copy!

---------------------------------------

An erupting wellspring of euphoria: that would describe the vintage swing
emanating from Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks...”
The New York Times – by Stephen Holden

---------------------------------------

Newport Jazz Festival tickets have gone on sale!
We’ll be performing Sunday, August 5th on the Quad Stage.
For the first month that tickets are on sale, we like to offer our fans
discounted tickets.
The details are here:
http://www.newportjazzfest.net/index.php?pID=33031&AR=234
Offer expires Monday, April 30th

---------------------------------------

Monday, March 19th
Tuesday, March 20th--First day of spring!  Welcome Art Deco Society
And all Mondays and Tuesdays through March and April
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Sofia's Restaurant
(Downstairs) Club Cache adjacent to the Edison Hotel
221 W. 46th Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue), New York, NY
$15. cash cover charge at the door + $15. food/drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.719.5799 - doors open at 7:00pm

Friday, April 13th
Saturday, April 14th
8:00pm Concert
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
AND
Toshiko Akiyoshi Jazz Orchestra
A double bill of two distinct big band sounds -
Jazz at Lincoln Center
ROSE THEATER in the Frederick P. Rose Hall – 33 West 60th Street & Broadway, NYC.
Call CenterCharge 212-721-6500 for Tickets.
Free pre-concert discussion nightly at 7pm

Wednesday, April 18th
7:00pm
JALC Spring Gala
Honoring Lisa Schiff, Chairman of the Board
7pm concert in Rose Theater, Frederick P. Rose Hall, 60th and Broadway; NYC
"The Paul Simon Songbook" Featuring legendary singer/songwriter, Paul Simon with
Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra and special guest:
Aaron Neville.
Black Tie dinner and dancing to Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks immediately
following the concert in the
Allen Room and Atrium. For additional information or to make a reservation,
please contact
Stacie Middleton Crawford at scrawford at jalc.org or phone: 212-258-9800

Thursday, April 19th
6:30pm
Join us to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the CUNY Graduate Center.
The Graduate Center will culminate its year-long celebrations with a benefit
concert by
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks playing the arrangements of Chappie Willet.
A cocktail reception will follow -
Elebash Recital Hall
CUNY Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue & 34th Street
To purchase tickets for the benefit concert, please contact Jim Cronin at
212-817-7137 or jcronin at gc.cuny.edu
For more information please contact Molly Yin at 212-817-7133 or at
myin at gc.cuny.edu

If you would like to order our CDs –
I have these CD's available at $17. Each including postage within USA:

*
1. Quality Shout
2. Cheek to Cheek
3. Cotton Club Revisited
4. The Aviator – Movie Soundtrack
5. Its D'Lovely – music of Cole Porter
6. Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits
7. Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series

****

Send orders to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230
Checks and PayPal accepted. Please make checks payable to "Vince Giordano"
Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.
To order CDs through PayPal: vincegiordano at optonline.net

Here are some NEW write-ups!
To open the http: CTRL + click to follow link

The New York Times by Stephen Holden
http://tinyurl.com/7jpgftl

The Wall Street Journal by Will Friedwald
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203471004577142963839259688.html

Times Square Chronicles
http://t2conline.com/?p=8156

Artist Direct
http://tinyurl.com/3u37atp

Blog Critics
http://tinyurl.com/44mga6t

Huffington Post
http://tinyurl.com/4y7ody9

Daily Record
http://tinyurl.com/3rsg84h

Atlantic City Weekly
http://tinyurl.com/3w7zxal

Jade Sphinx Blog
http://tinyurl.com/3d59ala

Voice of America
http://tinyurl.com/3n43wcq

Here are a couple of stellar reviews that came out in July!

The Underground Boogie
Wall Street Journal
By WILL FRIEDWALD Vince Giordano is Hollywood's go-to guy whenever someone is
needed to authentically re-create vintage jazz or pop music—as you can hear, ...
http://tinyurl.com/3t3doml

Vince Giordano: Yesterday Man
JazzTimes Magazine
Dancers are swaying and sashaying in elegant ballroom fashion as
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks beat out another hot-jazz gem. ...
http://tinyurl.com/3gy46xl

We had a great time in April at TCM Film Festival in Hollywood…
Watch this Pod-Cast~
http://vimeo.com/23188371

Or read some of the reviews~
http://tinyurl.com/3sret7e
http://tinyurl.com/45xyhwv
http://tinyurl.com/3nxrptf

Here's a write-up in the New Jersey STAR LEDGER by Tris McCall...
http://tinyurl.com/4jm3qlh

Check out this great blog by Michael Steinman -
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com

Vince Giordano's Nighthawks ~ phone: 718-376-3489 ~ email:
vincegiordano at optonline.net

Become a friend on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vince.giordano1

See our website: http://www.VinceGiordano.com