[78-L] Very western sounding Japanese dance band

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 18 15:58:02 PDT 2012

By the way, some posters seem to find me astonished to find western sounding
dance music on a Japanese 78, and their tone essentially accuses me of being a
musical chauvinist. You should know me better than that. I auditioned a 78 that
had all Japanese printing on the labels, except for two transliterated titles,
so I was expecting Japanese music. Jeez, people, I know there's good dance
music to be found in every country!

dl