[78-L] Oscar Peterson transcriptions (was something else altogether)

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 18 03:11:17 PDT 2012

On 18/03/12 03:36, David Lennick wrote:
> And for my next mystery..I no longer have Lord Online. Are Oscar Peterson's
> transcriptions for World Program Service listed there? Looks as if there are
> quite a few of them, although the tracks are interspersed with other artists.
> World 249 has Imagination&  Don't Blame Me. World 278 has Honeysuckle Rose,
> That Old Black Magic and Body And Soul. Per the Garrod discography, he's also
> on 197, 227, 233, 274, 299, 516, 534 and 621. Anyone know when these were
> recorded and if they appeared elsewhere?
>
> dl

======================
Lord 10.0 lists the following:

oscar peterson world
[P3225-10] Oscar Peterson
Oscar Peterson (p) Barney Kessel (g) Ray Brown (b)
World Transcription sessions, New York, 1952
     Fine and dandy    World 197
     Someone to watch over me         -   , R621
     Heat wave         -   , 516
     Makin' whoopee         -   , 516
     Just you, just me         -   , 516
     Sweet Georgia Brown          227, 534
     A fine romance         -     -
     Should I ?         -
     How about you ?          233, 534
     Zing ! went the strings of my heart         -   , R621
     September in the rain         -   , R621
     Imagination          249, 516
     Don't blame me         -   , R621
     The continental [You kiss while you're dancing]          268
     Air mail special         -
     Lullaby in rhythm         -
     Dancing on the ceiling          274, R621
     Caravan         -
     The way you look tonight         -
     Honeysuckle rose          278
     That old black magic         -
     Body and soul         -
     Singin' in the rain          299
     Pennies from Heaven         -   , 516
Note: World transcriptions were 16" vinyl pressings available on a
subscription basis only to the radio stations.

      Julian Vein