[78-L] Turkish 78 rpm

Francesco Martinelli francesco.martinelli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:37:05 PDT 2012

I am, but you will not find many here. I did not find the article
especially engaging, to be frank, it would have been nice at least to
have the lyrics and talk about the difference from Adana'nin yollari
taslik to the current lighter versions.
Adana occupies a very special place in turkish culture and food, a
recent and very successful soap for example was about a family from
there living in Istanbul after a breach of promise. On you tube you can
hear it in Greek and in another Turkish version sounding more Greek with
the word Atinali (from Athens) instead of Adanali. Disregard the
nationalistic comments, il y a toujours des cons qui sont nés quelque part.
It's a karsilama rhythm, a festive/wedding dance tempo, and the lyrics
contains words that are pure sound (pestemali puskullu!).
-----
inviato dal mio pulsatore a bassa cutena
-----
Francesco Martinelli
Lungarno Mediceo 10
56127 PISA ITALY