[78-L] abbreviated works

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Sun Mar 11 12:04:20 PDT 2012

Well, Beecham loved fast tempos in certain works anyway.  His 1910 FLEDERMAUS ov does go tremendously fast at the end, but has anyone seen a copy of the original disc to check how much space was left on the wax?  That performance, incidentally, comprises an edited version of the opening and the entirety of what most 2-side performances put on the B side.  PC