[78-L] Fwd: Elvis Presley 1954-1955 16" acetates AFRTS

Luca Fabris plcpf at tin.it
Sat Mar 10 23:51:14 PST 2012

Dear Sirs,

I'm an Elvis Presley researcher
expecially on the early days.

All these researches are in relation to
a book/CD project for the Elvis
fan club network. It's a 3/4 CD 200
pages book about Elvis stay at SUN
records done by Ernst Jorgensen(SONY
chief on Elvis music catalogue)
which I'm now helping detailing the
period from July of 1954 through the
end of 1955. The book will consist
of more than 400 early photos - half
of them previously unpublished.
It's not an attempt of once again write
the story of Elvis Presley, but
more a collection of information,
photos, memorabilia and stories
shared by fans who where there at the
time. The book will not deal in
gossip or other unpleasant material it's
all about the innocence of the
time and the impact of Elvis' music.
We are trying to document every
single show Elvis did, and we have come
fairly close.
So I'm looking
for photos,recordings from Louisiana Hayride or Opry,or
any live radio
gig or interview .... ANYTHING IS WELCOME FROM THE 50s!!

We know CBS
and BBC were connected and CBS was trasmitting portions of
the Louisiana Hayride and another called Saturday Night Country Style.
Elvis also appeared once in 1954 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.
Anyone could help with photos or memories or recordings?
Your help,
anyone help is welcome!
Besides it would be interestin to know if in your files
you've some 16" END series AFRTS
done by USA AFRTS radio during 50s to
transmit live for American Forces.

On particular END series AFRTS
produced discs on radio programs such as Saturday Night
Country Style
(Ref END 536) and Louisiana Hayride (Ref END 658).We know
for sure many
were produced (more than 969 on Hayride) but I'd like
to know if
someone of you have lists of songs or broadcasts,if you've tapes
or
metal stampers in your archives.Even 16" discs.....Anything is welcome.

Write soon

I hope this is not too much of an
intrusion.

Sincerely yours