[78-L] G series

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Fri Mar 9 11:21:45 PST 2012

Greetings from FixitLand!

David Lennick wrote:

> The zero is missing from the Mozart Symphony..it's #40, not #4.

Oh, that's hilarious. I managed to miss that, and Symphony No. 40 is
one of my favorite Mozart pieces too.

Philip Carli noted in response to my comment:

>> And only three 12-inch 78-rpm matrices wouldn't be nearly enough
>> to record a symphony (unless
>> we're talkin' VERY fine grooves...<grin>).
>
> Six sides is plenty of space for Mozart #40 at a reasonable pace,
> especially electrically.

But I didn't say "six sides." I said THREE matrices...i.e., "sides."
You are thinking three DISCS, presumably double-sided, which very
definitely is sufficient (since they are right there in the
aforementioned album).

Take care,

Joe
—