[78-L] Ralph Flanagan - Janette Davis question

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 24 15:30:53 PST 2012

Here is a Youtube clip of her with lots of pictures and a nice vocal, supposedly from a 78.  There is only one "N" in her name.

Tom Lord's jazz discography has the Royale 1820 10-inch LP but with no good information regarding Ralph Flanagan's contribution except that it was recorded between 1946 and 1949 with his band and strings.

She was best known for her work with Arthur Godfrey.  Seems like a pretty good singer, based on the Youtube clip.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records