[78-L] Ralph Flanagan question

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:11:22 PST 2012

Just acquired a 10" Royale LP #1820 of Jannette Davis and the Ralph
Flanagan Orchestra.

There is no mention of RF himself participating on this thing, just his
band.

So Q.1: Did RF have anything at all to do with this production, or did
they use his name to sell records?

Q.2 When was this recorded? Obviously it is an early LP, (1954 according
to the label notes) but could the recordings have come from the 78 era?
I didn't know RF ever recorded for anyone besides Vic. Which leads back
to Q1.

Q.3 Who was Jannette Davis? Nothing found on wiki, even with different
spellings.

I haven't had a moment to play it yet, but it looks like it is made from
better grade vinyl than I am used to seeing on this label.
--
Joe Salerno