[78-L] Songs about records, especially 78 rpm records?

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Thu Feb 23 20:54:24 PST 2012

From: Rjholtin
Re: Penny Serenade - I think I may have lapsed into my memory of it being
used in a period film - they played the song on a late 30's phono for the
scenes in which the tune was used.  The film buffs will know but probably
not worth the effort.

I think the movie may be "Penny Serenade" with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne.
The entire movie is on Youtube but I don't have the patience to sit through
it.  I did see part of it when Irene plays YOU WERE MEANT FOR ME on a
phonograph and the needle sticks.  So you are probably right.
RayK