[78-L] Playing Black Amberols on an Amberola

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 16:03:23 PST 2012

In the Model B(1), and also the A as I already mentioned, the Model L was standard issue with those machines to play 4 minute Amberols, with the introduction of the Blue Amberol (Celluloid) Cylinders in 1912, the Diamond model A was then available to play them. The Diamond Reproducers would almost play the Indestructable type cylinders as well. The same was true on the Amberola III. Black Wax Four Minute Amberol Cylinders were phased out of production in 1912. On the model V table model, introduced in 1913, it was issued with a Diamond Model B Reproducer with an option of a N and then N-56 recommended to play 4 minute wax Amberols. In other words, Diamond reproducers were for the new blue amberols with the N available for the older and softer 4 minute Amberols.

Bruce