[78-L] RCA Victor SLC catalogue number series 78s

Anthony G Pavick pavukanton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 11:48:34 PST 2012

I had posted this enquiry quite a while ago and received no replies,
so as I am going through my stuff (and finally putting it in an MS
Access database), I thought I might try again.

I am looking for any info about a US RCA Victor release series of 78s
that had SLC-x as their catalogue numbers.

RCA Victor SLC-1 - NBC Symphony Orchestra
Guadalcanal March (mx F2PB-2303-2)
Beaneth the Southern Cross (mx F2PB-2304-2)

RCA Victor SLC-2 - The RCA Victor Folk Dance Orchestra
Norwegian Mountain March (mx E1EB-3664)
Ribbon Dance (mx E1EB-2995)

RCA Victor SLC-4 - The RCA Victor Folk Dance Orchestra
Tantoli (mx E1EB-3717)
Minuet (mx E1EB-4056)

They have a full colour dog on them and carry the notation (special
Pressing) under the artist credit. I note that the first one carries
a 'F' matrix meaning that it was a 1955 master so I'd date these at
later than 1955. All of them, which cost me 25 cents each, have
stickers on them from MIA Dance Record Service, so I wonder if they
were a special series pressed an supplied by RCA to dance instruction studios.

They're not exactly exciting stuff, so more of a curiosity as to what
the SLC series was and how late it was pressed.