[78-L] Records sought for reissue project

Bryan Wright bryan at claxtonola.com
Wed Feb 8 17:09:13 PST 2012

Hi, All.

Once again, I'm on the hunt for a few records for an upcoming reissue
project. For some time now, I've been in communication
with the family of 1920s bandleader Julie Wintz with an eye towards
reissuing Wintz's complete recordings on a single CD. The family has
graciously provided photos, biographical information, and more, and
they seem very enthusiastic about the project. I'm still missing a
few of the records though. Can any of you help with the following
records,
either by loaning your copies for transfer or making a high-quality
digital transfer? I'm happy to negotiate fair compensation. If you
know of collectors not on 78-L who may have these records, I'd be
grateful if you'd pass this note on to them and ask them to contact me
directly if they can help.

Here's what I still need:

WINTZ-ZIMMER COLLEGIANS (a.k.a. JERSEY COLLEGIANS)
Wait'll it's Moonlight (Perfect 14465 / PA 036284)
An Awful Lot My Gal Ain't Got (Perfect 14478 / PA 036297) [flip is by
Max Terr]
Because of You (Perfect 14465 / PA 036284)
Spanish Mama (Perfect 14641 / PA 36460) [flip is by Billy Wynne]

JULIE WINTZ AND HIS JERSEY COLLEGIANS
Pretending (Harmony 906-H) [flip is by Jack Hart with Sam Lanin]
H'lo Baby (Harmony 1040-H -- need take 1 only)

I have all of the other Wintz records. In many cases, however, the
copies I have or have access to aren't in top condition. If you have
any other Wintz records in E- or better condition, I'd be very
interested in hearing from you. Naturally, I'd like this to be the
very best-sounding CD it can be.

Thanks,
Bryan W.