[78-L] Spontaneous recordings that were released

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 5 20:07:43 PST 2012

Apart from Annette Hanshaw's "That's all" tag, which may have been spontaneous,
I'm not aware of any others, but I can name two 78s where it was decided to put
the lacquer back on the table and add something to fill out or extend the side.
Groove patterns are visibly different on one of the Burl Ives Asch sides and
one of Florence Foster Jenkins' discs (in FloJay's case, the disc wasn't even
centered carefully).

Hmm..isn't there a famous G&T where a well known opera singer renders an aria
and is applauded by hangers-on and decides to sing it again (supposedly)?

dl