[78-L] Who do these guys think they are? ^

H D Goldman thedoctor at discdoc.com
Tue Jan 31 11:01:28 PST 2012

Hi David,

Same thing here.  Went in to pay for invoice a week ahead of time & was greeted with the increase & a take it or leave it attitude.

So major price increases, UPS/FedEx to PO boxes & even rudder counter agents    ….. whoopee.

On the upside, it's been years since they lost or damaged a package.

Cheers,

Duane Goldman

On Jan 31, 2012, at 11:55 AM, David Lennick wrote:

> I ran into an interesting situation yesterday at my friendly US Post Office
> when I went to ship stuff and pay for renewal of the box. Anybody else come up
> against this? On December 30th, they left me a renewal notice with a due date
> of January 31 and a fee of $48 for 6 months or $96 for a year. Yesterday, in my
> mailbox, was a friendly reminder printed January 28th, with a due date of
> January 31 and a fee of $60 for 6 months or $120 for a year. Loudly did I
> protest, since I had (and still have, in my opinion) a legally binding invoice
> for the original price, and yea did they agree with me, but the system had the
> new fees programmed in, and their claim was that all prices went up as of (I
> think) January 23..something that I still haven't seen in writing.
>
> We left it at "We'll get back to you" and "We promise not to close your box if
> you haven't paid by the 31st" (since I can't, until I'm back down there in a
> week or so) but I wonder who's going to win this one? By the way, they ARE
> upgrading the service and will be able to accept UPS shipments since they're
> now allowing mail to be sent specifically to their street address.
>
> dl

H D Goldman Lagniappe Chemicals Ltd.
PO Box 37066 St. Louis, MO 63141 USA
v/f 314 205 1388 thedoctor at discdoc.com