[78-L] Different labels for A & B sides on 78 rpm records

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Jan 24 06:03:47 PST 2012

Very strange, this Victor/Victrola 53276-A/B.
I assume this was produced for the Japanese in the U.S. (esp. California).
I have never seen another Victrola in the 50000 series (a wrong label blank?) !
The real Japanese Victors in the same 50000 series do not mention Camden at the bottom
(they usually state VTMC "of Japan"), but have "Orthophonic Recording" at left (and not at the top).
Your US pressing has the usual Orthophonic at 12h, but also retains the Japanese layout.

han enderman
===
>>> Got a Japanese VICTOR/VICTROLA 10" record.  You can view it here:

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/Japanese/tn-400NIP78_VICTOR_53276.JPG

I thought it was a bit unusual.  In addition, it says Orthophonic Recording at the top AND to the left of the spindle hole.  Don't recall seeing that before.

CDB
<<<