[78-L] Hello to you, and re Andrew Macpherson

kshilly at o2.co.uk kshilly at o2.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 14:44:18 PST 2012

Hi guys n gals.
Newcomer to the Forum. Interested in ALL music that I can decipher – I
do get stuck with the pop songs of today! If I lean towards anything
it's historical singers (e.g. Lemeshev, Seinemeyer, Gorin) and
violinists (e.g. Prihoda, Odnoposoff, Kogan).

I have done restoration of old records – shellacs and vinyl - for many
years, and never seem to tire of a new challenge...

So … “hello”.

I have a question: can anyone tell me career info (and has anyone any
discs) of the Scottish tenor Andrew Macpherson? He sang c.1950 for
“Beltona” (which by then belonged to “Decca”). 1-2 records have been
'thrown' onto CD compilations, but that's it.

Looking forwards to participating, as best I can. Thanks for your
help.

Keith