[78-L] He changed his mind..

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Thu Jan 19 08:04:17 PST 2012

.
Now I understand, David.

It all depends on how customer friendly you want to be.
Bear in mind that he is entitled to give you feedback and he may ding your DSR stars.
If you don't care..., fine.
If your sale was substantial and you profit is more important to you than your eBay profile,
it's fine, too.

However, then best strategy seems to be to add a dollar or two to the shipping costs
and put this money in a sugar bowl for cases like INR claims (item not received) or
SNAD (significantly not as described) - or even a case like this one now: buyer's remorse.

You would have plenty of money in your 'contingency sugar bowl' for cases like this.
Number of items sold in one year times 1, or 1.5, or 2 dollars = X dollars.
Then you can treat your customers generously - and get glowing feedback. Just supposing all
this is important to you.

Otherwise you must live with the consequences (feedback and DSRs possibly dinged).
But I can assure you that a perfect profile gets you higher bids, regularly.  I, for one, could
give you many examples when I got 30% to 50% higher bids on identical items, in
comparison with other sellers' results!  In exceptional cases I even got double price.
It pays to be customer minded.

Benno
.