[78-L] Golden Records - reissues on CD

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Wed Jan 18 13:06:52 PST 2012

I've just become aware of a number of GOLDEN RECORDS reissued on CD by MICRO WERKS.
These include 2 compilations of the 6" 78rpm kiddie records, and a few of the LP's from
Golden and Wonderland Records.

The compilations have tracks by JIMMY DURANTE, BETTY CLOONEY (Rosmary's sister), MEL ALLEN,
ROY ROGERS&DALE EVANS, SHARI LEWIS, and ART CARNEY, (ao).

Below is a list of the CD's I'm aware of - Please let me know of any OTHERS???.  THANKS!

Best wishes, Thomas.

Robert DeCormier - Woody Guthrie Children's Songs  (GOLDEN LP 238)
Alfred Hitchcock - Ghost Stories for Young People  (GOLDEN LP  89 + AR-3 Famous Monsters Speak)
Peter and the Wolf                                 (GOLDEN LP 134)
The Best of Little Golden Records  Vol.1
The Best of Little Golden Records  Vol.2
                                                   (various 1948-1965)