[78-L] Blu-ray burner

Don Cox doncox at enterprise.net
Tue Jan 17 08:32:51 PST 2012

On 17/01/2012, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:

> I have an outboard USB-2 BD burner and have used it for projects. It
> works well. Buffalo IIRC. I do not know how well they will hold up
> over the years, but I could say that for any media.
>
> I am replying on-list because BD burners can be used to create
> BD-ROMs. A lot of 78s (and other historical material) can be stored on
> one 25 GB disc. I'm not saying I recommend it, but it is possible to
> do.

The people who make Millenniata DVDs are working on a Blu-Ray version.
This type of disc is claimed to have exceptional keeping properties.

So my current plan is to wait for these disks, and a a drive that can
write them.

As you say, a BD-ROM can hold a lot. But this only makes sense if they
are reliable - otherwise, you can lose a lot.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox at enterprise.net