[78-L] Tokyo Boogie Woogie

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 14:39:08 PST 2012

 From: Rjholtin <rjh334578 at yahoo.com>

>T his one (thread) has come and gone a number of times over the 12 years I've
> been on 78-L and it doesn't seem to get old.  I love to hate it and hate to
> love it.  Google it and see what you get but China Night is still the winner -
> and I feel the same about it!

Well I've always loved this song.  I grew up with it, as it was
one of the records my dad brought back from Army service in
Japan (Shina no Yoru was another).  There was a hotter version
released on 49th State Records some time in the 50s.  The final
chorus has three (female) voices followed by a kind of erotic
growl at the end.