[78-L] Identification on Test Pressings

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Sat Jan 14 12:39:12 PST 2012

Thanks Don - I agree that the song is Whispering Hope, but is it possible
that the title could have been different for this pressing? This is very
common where similar songs have different titles in many of the pre-war
country records I collect, but it's probably not as rampant in early popular
recordings. Also, does the Rust-Brooks Columbia Discography list the
unissued titles as well? I suppose it does if it is the same book that
Malcolm Rockwell was using.
So I'm still not 100% either way, but I suppose the more likely is the
Kerns/Potter. The more I look at that faded pencil, the more it looks like
Powell?
Thanks again everyone!
Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com