[78-L] Elder Moten Hour

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 12 12:57:26 PST 2012

I'm passing this along from a radio-tv discussion list..interesting question.
Anybody know about this?

"I'm looking for a radio historian or blues afficionado who can tell me about
the Elder Moten Hour, a radio show originating from Windsor, Ontario in the
1930s. Seems that all the blues greats -- Robert Johnson, etc. -- played live
on the show. What radio station? Was it a gospel show that musicians playing
Detroit might visit? Where was the studio? Any help would be appreciated."

Robert Johnson in Windsor!? Inquiring minds, curious cats etc.