[78-L] removing 45 adapters

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Thu Jan 12 10:53:12 PST 2012

.
45s with adapters in them do not warp.
Singles were sold in continental Europe with adapters already put in (which was
different from UK singles where the center piece was part of the pressed record).
I have here many singles with original factory adapters from the mid-1950s.
None is warped.

There are many different types of adapters. All those that I know can easily be
removed. All it takes is some bold movement to snap them out. I removed the
adapters from all European 45s that were in their picture sleeves, because they
make ugly visible marks on the center of the sleeves. I have never heard of a
damage made to the record when the adapter was removed.

I hold the disc in both hands, with the four fingers on the label on one side, while
I put some pressure impulse on the very center of the adapter with my two thumbs.
Et voilà!

Benno
.