[78-L] Another Mystery: The Hot Shots

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 06:11:37 PST 2012

Savoy 1128
The Hot Shots
(WFB-2422) Horses Neck
(WFB-2423) Blue Hours

The conventional wisdom is that The Hot Shots is a reissue nom de disque for one of Milt Buckner's groups
with Stafford "Pazzuza" Simon on tenor that recorded for Savoy in 1945-1946. "Blue Hours" was, in fact, one
of the titles recorded by this group, though I suspect this is not the same recording.

The matrices place this record squarely in April 1952, by which time Buckner was no longer recording for
Savoy. I can understand why Savoy would want a record of "Blue Hours" back in their catalog, as it was a good
seller for them. Perhaps the new matrix signifies a dub, but if so, "Horses Neck" is not shown as a title recorded
by the Buckner unit.

Anyone have an idea as to whom this might be?

The Hot Shots: Horses Neck
http://www.box.com/s/21fappdiz1yyrdvfvmd8

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com