[78-L] It's Vince Giordano Time

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 7 14:20:27 PST 2012

Funny thing..this afternoon I came across a press kit Vince sent me close to 25
years ago. Sorry, Vince, they now know you're over 30. dl

Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
January/February 2012
Happy New Year!

"Boardwalk Empire: Volume 1" CD has been nominated for a Grammy for best
compilation soundtrack for visual media.

Thank you to the Recording Academy for recognizing our work on "Boardwalk
Empire: Volume 1".

If you are eligible to vote, please consider us!

The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards, Sunday, February 12th on CBS @ 8pm/7pm Central

Saturday, January 7th / 8pm
Sunday, January 8th / 2pm & 7pm
Monday, January 9th / 2pm & 8pm
92nd Street Y

PRESENTS
Lyrics & Lyricists
MAKIN' WHOOPEE: Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn & the Jazz Age
ROBERT KIMBALL, Artistic Director
Peter Yarin & Vince Giordano, Co-Music Director
Donaldson & Kahn were a songwriting powerhouse in the ‘20s and ‘30s.

Robert Kimball honors the men who gave the Roaring Twenties its soundtrack with
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
providing authentic sizzling-‘20s arrangements with some of the finest
theater singers today with
Christine Andreas, Howard McGillin, Jason Graae, Laura Osnes and the duo of
William Bolcom and Joan Morris.
Tickets: www.92Y.org/Lyrics
1395 Lexington Avenue @ 92nd Street, NYC

Mondays and Tuesdays
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano’s Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Sofia's Restaurant
(Downstairs) Club Cache adjacent to the Edison Hotel
221 W. 46th Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue), New York, NY
$15. cash cover charge at the door + $15. food/drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.719.5799 - doors open at 7:00pm

Monday January 9:
Brian Nalepka will be leading.

Wednesday, December 18th
@ 10pm/9pm Central
Royal Pains
USA Network (cable TV)
Vince Giordano's Nighthawks cameo appearance
Last summer we were asked to act and play music for the season 3, episode 11 -

A Farewell to Barnes. Check it out..great night time comedy/drama.

Monday, January 23rd, Sofia's
Chinese New Year – Year of the Dragon!
In the 1930s, Shanghai, known as the Paris of the East, was the cabaret and
jazz center of Asia.
Join us as we recreate songs of old Shanghai and welcome in the Chinese New Year!

Friday, February 3rd
Saturday, February 4th
Sunday, February 5th
37thAnnual Central Illinois Jazz Festival
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Along with 17 other groups; Multiple Venues - All under One Roof!
The Decatur Conference Center & Hotel
4191 U.S. Highway 36 West, Decatur, Illinois, 62522
Phone 217-422-8800 (Be sure to call Hotel direct for reservations)
For more information contact: Juvae Jazz Society, PO Box 2323, Decatur, IL
62524
Reservations Phone: Sandie (217) 546-1363 or Phyllis (217) 877-4527
Email - pinkjazziedog at yahoo.com

---------------------------------------

Saturday, February 11th
Sunday, February 12th
Vince Giordano will be joining 14 other musicians at
Jeff & Joel's House Party
Three Sessions of Great Jazz
Saturday 11am - 4pm includes lunch
Saturday 5pm - 10pm includes dinner
Sunday 11am - 4pm includes brunch
BYO - glasses and ice provided by Jeff Barnhart and Joel Schiavone
439 North River Street, Guilford, CT
Ticket and event info: jeffandjoelshouseparty.com or Jean @ (203) 250-8881

Monday, February 13th
Boardwalk Empire Grammy Party
We'll be celebrating ~ regardless!

Tuesday, February 14th
Valentines Day
Love songs & romance…Yes, dancing too!
8:00pm - 11:00pm

Sofia's Restaurant

Monday, February 20th
Presidents Day
Just like the inaugurals’

Saturday, February 25th
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
The elegant 50th Annual Ball will take place in a recreated 1920s Peacock
Terrace in the Omni Dallas Hotel.
For tickets and information contact: JLD Headquarters: 214-357-8822

If you would like to order our CDs –

I have these CD's available at $17. Each including postage within USA:

*

1. Quality Shout

2. Cheek to Cheek

3. Cotton Club Revisited

4. The Aviator – Movie Soundtrack

5. Its D'Lovely – music of Cole Porter

6. Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits

7. Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series

***

Send orders to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230

Checks and PayPal accepted. Please make checks payable to "Vince Giordano"

Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.

To order CDs through PayPal: vincegiordano at optonline.net

Here are some NEW write-ups about our

NEW Boardwalk Empire CD and our gig at Sofia’s!

To open the http: CTRL + click to follow link

Artist Direct

http://tinyurl.com/3u37atp

Blog Critics

http://tinyurl.com/44mga6t

Huffington Post

http://tinyurl.com/4y7ody9

Daily Record

http://tinyurl.com/3rsg84h

Atlantic City Weekly

http://tinyurl.com/3w7zxal

Jade Sphinx Blog

http://tinyurl.com/3d59ala

Voice of America

http://tinyurl.com/3n43wcq

Here are a couple of stellar reviews that came out in July!

The Underground Boogie
Wall Street Journal
By WILL FRIEDWALD Vince Giordano is Hollywood's go-to guy whenever someone is

needed to authentically re-create vintage jazz or pop music—as you can hear, ...

http://tinyurl.com/3t3doml

Vince Giordano: Yesterday Man
JazzTimes Magazine
Dancers are swaying and sashaying in elegant ballroom fashion as

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks beat out another hot-jazz gem. ...

http://tinyurl.com/3gy46xl

We had a great time in April at TCM Film Festival in Hollywood…

Watch this Pod-Cast~

http://vimeo.com/23188371

Or read some of the reviews~

http://tinyurl.com/3sret7e

http://tinyurl.com/45xyhwv

http://tinyurl.com/3nxrptf

Here's a write-up in the New Jersey STAR LEDGER by Tris McCall...

http://tinyurl.com/4jm3qlh

Check out this great blog by Michael Steinman -

http://jazzlives.wordpress.com