[78-L] Cleaning Lacquers.

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Wed Jan 4 09:21:49 PST 2012

Unfortunately, I am going to mention a US product.   Windex, a glass cleaner
is quite effective in removing the film.  It is a blue colored cleaner with
ammonia, and perhaps it or an equivalent is sold in the UK.    Paint
thinner, which I believe is called mineral spirits, is also effective but
you have to follow it up with a soap and water wash, I believe.  I always
test things in the run-out area, letting them sit for a few minutes and
looking for haze, discoloration, deterioration of the surface.

Ron L